The more experience I gain and the more I learn, the more I respect the awesome idiosyncrasies and complexities of the human body and the way that the mind, emotions, thoughts and subconscious beliefs interact and their dynamic and reciprocal interplay with our physical bodies.
I love working with all sorts of people and I love the variety and constant challenge that my work provides me. Watching the changes that occur as people progress is very rewarding.
One area that greatly interests Alexis is the creation of the miracle of life:
“I find it so exciting to be involved in a proactive process with “planning to be” parents:
- Taking an involved and nurturing role alongside the parents-to-be from pre-conception all the way through to child birth and beyond.
- Taking an involved and nurturing role, together with the parents, alongside the babies as they grow into children, assisting their ability to thrive and as they grow older, support their endeavours to achieve the utmost in their lives, to make their own lives meaningful and to positively impact the world.
As a child I suffered growing pains and joint issues associated with growing. This impacted my ability to play sport and join in. Apart from this, I was a healthy, happy person. During my first year of Uni I became ill with Glandular Fever, beginning a cascade where my health unraveled. I struggled through the next 10 years of my life. Chronic fatigue, nausea, dizziness, pain, food intolerances leaving me unable to eat much. You can imagine that just attending lectures let alone studying were stressful, difficult and uncomfortable. Medical practitioners were unable to assist to improve my symptoms or find a cause. It was only through many years of self discovery, further learning on health and a combination of natural therapies that I began to recover, also taking some time. Now, I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been, I have more energy, a strong immune system (I rarely get sick & usually not as badly as it seems to affect others around me) and I no longer have any dietary limitations.” – Alexis
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Sydney – graduated in 2001.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Osteo) from University of Western Sydney – graduated in 2004.
- Master of Osteopathy from University of Western Sydney – graduated in 2006.
- Since then she has continued her education by completing a variety of additional courses in Posturology; Orthotics; Cranial Osteopathy; Obstetrics; Paediatrics; Sports Injury Rehabilitation.
Send Alexis a message
- Call Us Today:
- 02-8005 7332
- 0412 614 798
- 3/1307 Pacific Hwy
- Turramurra, Sydney, 2074
- Opening Hours:
- Tuesday: 9am-5pm
- All other days by Appointment